Node.js Backend Developer
Our backend team loves Node.js because it’s so simple and efficient. Join us if you too are an avid Node.js developer looking to broaden your experience.
- Min. 1 year of professional development experience with Node.js.
- Experience with/knowledge of Express.js or/and Nest.js.
- Knowledge of relational and document-based databases (PostgreSQL/MySQL and MongoDB).
- Experience with/knowledge of RESTfull APIs and API communication.
- Experience with/knowledge of server administration and integrations with other systems.
- Experience with/knowledge of Database Schema creation.
- Experience with/knowledge of monolith and serverless architectures (preferred).
- Good understanding of asynchronous programming.
- Meticulous attention to detail regardless of whether it’s your own work or reviewing someone else’s work.
- Error handling skills.
- Very good written and spoken English.
- Use regularly Express.js and/or Nest.js. We are using Express.js/Nest.js as the basis for Node projects, but it depends on a project - our developers play an important role in deciding which technology will be used on the projects.
- Do Joi Input validation to make sure that all the incoming data, interacting with our applications are as correct as possible.
- Write raw MySQL queries which will give us enough flexibility when it comes to storing and using data.
- Use Swagger UI - our backend projects come with full Swagger documentation of all the endpoints.
- Use Firebase to handle cloud notifications and/or user authentication and to provide real-time data for projects that require such functionality.
- Use AWS to deploy and run our backend and the database service (we mainly use S3, EC2 instances for running the Node.js app, and RDS for databases).
- Use Socket.io - it is our go-to choice when there is a need for real-time and/or two-way communication between the client and the server, outside of REST.
- Last but not least, ask important questions, speak candidly, and try to move the needle on your projects every single day. ;)
- Competitive salary and bonus for hosting presentations, participating in meetups and blogging, successful recommendations for our open vacancies, etc.
- Constant progress and improvement with the help of the management.
- Access to a free and confidential workplace counseling service with our in-house psychologist regarding your personal and professional development.
- Paid conference attending, online courses, workshops, and knowledge sharing.
- Flexible working hours (workday starts between 7 am and 10 am, as per your preferences).
- Extra vacation days after the first year of employment.
- Benefits for parents: for your newborn, you get a gift and a bonus. You also get 1 additional vacation day per child. New fathers at Cinnamon get extra days off to spend more time with their newborns.
- FitPass card (Cinnamon covers 50% of the cost).
- Virtual and live after-work activities and gatherings and rooftop BBQ parties.
- Team building such as rafting, hiking, bowling, etc.
Cinnamon workplace culture is all about passion, friendliness and having fun! Hence the low staff turnover rate when comparing with similar companies.
Even though you get nicely compensated, there is a bonus treat for blogging, hosting presentations, participating in meetups and an additional bonus for extra achievements.
We work on projects big and small, but with one thing in common: our clients are cutting-edge companies bringing advanced and innovative solutions to the market. You will not be bored.
Do you feel most productive working from home? Or you like to be surrounded by your colleagues and enjoy the office vibe? You can have both. Create your own perfect home/office balance.
As part of knowledge-sharing and continuous improvement, our employees benefit from mentorship programs, internal workshops and the freedom to attend conferences of their choice.
We’re big on team-building activities like rafting, hiking and bowling and we encourage you to take time out for yourself too – you’ll get an extra 2 days of vacation after your first year at the company.
Besides the spacious offices, the most popular spots are the Chill room filled with board games, PlayStation and table tennis, and our rooftop terrace, where you can work during the day and enjoy BBQs at night.
We care not only about your bounty, but also stimulate you to stay in good shape by co-financing the MultiSport card. Also, you are entitled to paid supplementary health insurance.
Work and tools
Database - MySql / MongoDB
AWS - Debian based Linux
Meet the team