Android developer wanted! If you have the skills, motivation to learn and evolve, apply for this position and join our team of 14 mobile developers.
- Min. 1.5 years of professional experience as an Android developer.
- Familiarity with Android Studio/IntelliJ/VS Code.
- Solid knowledge of building apps that interact with REST APIs.
- Good experience with Git.
- Deep knowledge of object-oriented concepts and a passion for exploring and implementing software engineering best practices.
- Interest in mobile UX and successfully collaborating with the design team.
- Ability to quickly adapt to a different language or development environment.
- Meticulous attention to detail regardless of whether it’s your work or reviewing someone else’s work.
- Very good written and spoken English.
- Our project structure and architecture are standardized so our projects are testable, scalable, easy to maintain, and a joy for developers to work on. We have experience with mobile CI, so you only have to push the code and it will get formatted and pushed to the store with only a merge to develop or release.
- Architect and develop native Android mobile apps using Kotlin. With our project architecture, it is easier for you to switch between the projects and start a new one - all you have to do is to write business logic and UI, everything else is done with the templates. Use MVVM architecture and our own template with base classes for activities, fragments, and view models. Use Dagger, Koin, and Hilt for dependency injection. Use Room for complex local persistence and SharedPreferences for less complex ones, Retrofit for networking, Gson or Moshi for parsing, and our custom call adapter to wrap every response in our own generic class. Sometimes use data binding, sometimes only view binding, depending on the project requirements. We have written a lot of our own extension and inline functions that help to reduce boilerplate code.
- Write concise, readable, and well-documented (or self-documenting) code and maintain existing codebases.
- Collaborate closely with the teams of other developers, product designers (one of the largest design teams in Croatia), PMs, and QAs.
- Propose and execute technical solutions for different technical challenges and solve real-world complex app development-related problems.
- Mentor and be mentored, depending on your preferences.
- Last but not least, ask important questions, speak candidly, and try to move the needle on your projects every single day. ;)
- Competitive salary and bonus for hosting presentations, participating in meetups and blogging, successful recommendations for our open vacancies, etc.
- Constant progress and improvement with the help of the management.
- Access to a free and confidential workplace counseling service with our in-house psychologist regarding your personal and professional development.
- Paid conference attending, online courses, workshops, and knowledge sharing.
- Flexible working hours (workday starts between 7 am and 10 am, as per your preferences).
- Extra vacation days after the first year of employment.
- Benefits for parents: for your newborn, you get a gift and a bonus. You also get 1 additional vacation day per child. New fathers at Cinnamon get extra days off to spend more time with their newborns.
- Virtual and live after-work activities and gatherings and rooftop BBQ parties.
- Team building such as rafting, hiking, bowling, etc.
Cinnamon workplace culture is all about passion, friendliness and having fun! Hence the low staff turnover rate when comparing with similar companies.
Even though you get nicely compensated, there is a bonus treat for blogging, hosting presentations, participating in meetups and an additional bonus for extra achievements.
We work on projects big and small, but with one thing in common: our clients are cutting-edge companies bringing advanced and innovative solutions to the market. You will not be bored.
Do you feel most productive working from home? Or you like to be surrounded by your colleagues and enjoy the office vibe? You can have both. Create your own perfect home/office balance.
As part of knowledge-sharing and continuous improvement, our employees benefit from mentorship programs, internal workshops and the freedom to attend conferences of their choice.
We’re big on team-building activities like rafting, hiking and bowling and we encourage you to take time out for yourself too – you’ll get an extra 2 days of vacation after your first year at the company.
Besides the spacious offices, the most popular spots are the Chill room filled with board games, PlayStation and table tennis, and our rooftop terrace, where you can work during the day and enjoy BBQs at night.
We care not only about your bounty, but also stimulate you to stay in good shape by co-financing the MultiSport card. Also, you are entitled to paid supplementary health insurance.
Work and tools
Meet the team
Focused on bringing our clients’ visions to life through stable and scalable apps, our mobile team can be relied upon to deliver. Highly knowledgeable and brimming with ideas, the team boasts both Flutter and native Android and iOS processes, giving us the tools to implement any features we may need.